The Company Ashtarak-Kat was established in August 1995 on a basis of a cheese plant in the village Agarak in Aragatsotn region.
• In 1995 the Company had only 15 employees. At first it produced only sour cream, then in future also milk, matsoun and 8 types of ice cream. From the beginning only pure milk is used for the production.
Developing from year to year:
• In 1998 the Company had already 100 employees. During that time the Company acquires 4 distribution cars for ice cream and 4 distribution cars for dairy products and begins to produce 30 types of ice cream and 7 types of dairy products.
• In 2000 the Company owned Yerevan urban milk factory.
• In 2001 the Company founded milk procuring points in the remote regions of the republic, in Lori, Syuniq, Shirak, Gegharquniq, and Aragatsotn.
• In 2004 the Company began to explore the cheese plant in Chambarak.
• Until 2008 the Company opened milk procuring points and reception centers in the remote regions and highland districts of Armenia.
At present the Company has 500 employees, and produces 16 types of diary products and 16 taste types of ice cream with its subtypes.
The whole production of the Company is recommended by the Armenian Medical Association and their logo one can see on the labels of the products of Ashtarak Kat.
The Company has a good recognition among the customers by the production of ice cream. In 1995 the Company entered into market with 5 types of ice cream, and now has nearly 50 taste types of ice cream. Using modern new equipments and fresh pure raw materials, Ashtarak Kat CJSC brought to market ice cream corresponding to the international criteria.
From 2001 the Company began to produce whole milk.
The production of whole milk of the Company Ashtarak Kat is a process during which milk is condensed and evaporated under high temperature trough modern German equipments. It is a complete food and contains all necessary materials for the normal development of the organism.
The whole milk produced by the Company is special with the following:
• Is produced with the pure milk given by the pedigree cows pasturing in the alpine meadows at an altitude of 2000 meters above sea level.
• The cows are always under permanent control and are vaccinated on time.
• The sanitary hygienic conditions of barns are always under control.
• The shelf lives are controlled.
The raw milk as well as ready powder entering into the production of the Company Ashtarak Kat also passes organic chemical laboratory analysis. The milk powder deserved high assessments by the local as well as foreign specialists due to its high quality, exceptional taste values and organoleptic characteristics.
Ashtarak Kat CJSC for the high quality of its products received the price “Quality sign” from the Government of RA, at firs in 1994, then in 2004.
In June 2008 the Company received ISO Quality Management System certificate.
This is the way the pure milk of alpine meadows passes until reaching to you, our dear CUSTOMER.
Ashtarak Kat- the power of mountain milk.